The placement will involve full-time employment for a period of 12 months or more.
Work undertaken during the placement will involve assisting a forensic investigator in a variety of tasks where attention to detail, forensic methodology and presentation are paramount.
The type of work will primarily be case dependant but on completion of the placement, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Understand and adapt forensic methodology to the type of instruction
- Present technical information to a number of audiences in a clear and understandable manner
- Construct exhibits to be used in a court setting
- Utilise computer forensic software to a high standard
- Recover forensic artefacts applicable to each specific case
- Comprehend the use of computer and mobile forensic techniques
- Understand how an expert witness firm operates
The successful candidate must possess the following criteria:
i) Computer literate – The successful candidate must be confident and highly skilled in using Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
ii) Presentation skills – being able to present appropriately and accurately is an important skill for any successful forensic expert
iii) Organisational skills – being able to manage time and work efficiently.
iv) High standard of report writing skills
The successful candidate should ideally possess the following criteria:
i) Basic computer forensic knowledge – The candidate should have a basic knowledge of the techniques used within the area of computer forensics
ii) Intermediate EnCase knowledge preferably v5 onwards (or other similar forensic tools) – The candidate should be able to use EnCase to a reasonable standard
iii) Analytical Skills – Analytical skills are essential when investigating and collating difference sources of data according to case instructions.
iv) Research capabilities/skills – use of internet for sourcing and validating data.
How to apply:
IMPORTANT – You need to write a short critique of approximately 250 words detailing your expression of interest in this position and in the field of Digital Forensics and Email it along with a Covering Letter and CV to the Sytech Recruitment Office:
With the title Work Placement – Blog
Systems Technology Consultants Ltd
Incoming search terms:
- computer forensics placements
- computer forensics industrial placement
- digital forensics placement
- digital forensics placements
- computer forensics work placements
- computer forensics placement
- forensic computing placements
- computer forensic placements
- work placement computer forensics
- work placements in computer forensics